Facebook is an interesting social media platform. It enables you to reach out to different people from different places with different races and different beliefs.
And when it comes to marketing, nothing beats Facebook.
Here are the reasons why:
Reason number 1: You get ridiculously detailed targeting. Facebook is so personal that it’s easy to search for users using specific parameters. Aside from the general info like location, age, and gender, you can also target according to education, interests, religion, politics, marital status, job title, etc.
So if you want to market to women aged 30 who likes to buy cosmetic products online, that’s no problem. You can be as specific as you want with your target audience.
Reason number 2: Facebook ads are cheaper. Compared to other online advertising platforms, Facebook gives you bang for your buck. You can practically run a campaign for $1!
According to Moz: “They are the lowest cost per 1,000 impressions ad in history. They average around $0.25 per 1,000, which is only 1% of the cost of TV.” And, you can go as high as you want, depending on your advertising budget.
Reason number 3: You reach a lot of people. I mean A LOT. As of September 2016, Facebook has 1.79 billion monthly active users with 1.18 billion daily active users on average. Imagine reaching out to even just 1% of that.
Reason number 4: Real-time analytics. Here’s the thing: with traditional advertising, you rely on the magazine, newspaper or TV show’s audience for your ad’s reach. You don’t get an exact number of how many people were able to see your ad. With Facebook, you get these numbers real-time, to help you analyse your ad whether it is working or not.
And what makes a successful Facebook ad?
Facebook offers a variety of advertising media options. You can run an image-based ad, a video, carousel or presentation. It depends on what your marketing goals are.
Here are some tips to make your ad stand out.
- Make it visual and colorful as possible. You want to catch your audience’s’ attention and you need a great visual to do that.
- Go straight to the point. Be specific about your message so your audience knows what message you want to convey and what you want them to do.
- Keep it short and sweet. Remember that Facebook ads have limited characters. According to AdEspresso, the ideal headlines should be only 5 words long, 14 words for the ad text and 18 words for the link description.
- Make it relevant. Remember who your target audience is and work your ad around it. Put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself if your ad matters to you.
- Always test multiple designs. A green background could work better than a blue background. You’ll never know until you test your ad. Come up with at least 4 designs and test each. While designing, don’t forget Facebook’s 20% rule. Text should not occupy more than ⅕ of the design.
- Use call to actions. A great CTA tells your audience what to do next. When they click on your ad and goes to the landing page, they won’t have to waste time figuring out what you want them to do.
- Optimise placements. You have three options: Desktop Newsfeed, Desktop Right Column and Mobile Newsfeed.
Facebook advertising looks complicated but it’s actually just a matter of knowing what you want to advertise, who you want to reach and where you want them to go.
Have you tried Facebook ads before? What problems did you encounter and what other tips can you share?